Good books for one who is thinking about the priesthood.
View Rev. Brian Barr's Recommendations:
- Is Jesus calling you to the Priesthood
by Rev. Thomas Ritcher – (contact Fr. Barr for a free copy)
- Called by Name: The Inspiring Stories of 12 Men Who Became Catholic Priests
by Donald Wuerl (Foreword), Christine Anne Mugridge (Editor), Jerry Usher (Editor)
- I Believe in Love
by Jean D'Elbee
A great reflection on St. Therese and her reflections on God’s call in her life.
- The Reed of God
by Caryll Houselander
A classic reflection on Mary’s acceptance of God’s will and how that applies to us.
- The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth
by Scott Hahn
A powerful book on the awesome reality of the Eucharist.
- The Discernment of Spirits: The Ignatian Guide for Everyday Life
by Timothy M. Gallagher
- Priests for the Third Millennium
by Timothy M. Dolan
- Quickening the Fire in Our Midst: The Challenge of Diocesan Priestly Spirituality
by George Aschenbrenner
- Extraordinary Lives
by Francis P. Friedl and Rex Reynolds.
In this book 34 different priests tell their stories and reflect on their lives as priests.
- What does God want? A Practical Guide to Making Decisions
by Fr. Michael Scanlon.
* The best book however is The Bible.
By reading and studying this you will hopefully see the calling that God is offering you!